Thursday, March 13, 2008

13 GOOD things about having the flu








Just after The Baby got over his poop-jag, Mommy got the flu. I hate having the chills and I doubly hate limiting my interaction with The Baby. But when your body feels like a bruise and your throat is on fire, you might as well look on the bright side. Here are some good things about being sick:

1. Missing work. Okay, I took two half days, rather than full days, but I still missed some work.
2. PJs until 11 a.m.
3. Watching SpongeBob Squarepants in the morning when I’d normally be pulling into work.
4. Falling asleep after SpongeBob and napping on the sofa.
5. Not worrying about housework.
6. Not shaving. And I always shave. I even shaved while in labor.
7. Not cooking or cleaning up after dinner.
8. Getting sympathy hugs and foot massages from hubby.
9. Not being hungry. I usually am planning my next meal or snack one meal or snack in advance.
10. Getting a free ride out of diaper duty. Okay, the price tag is being sick, but it’s nice not to have to change diapers as The Baby is at the point in his life that having his diaper changed = pure torture.
11. Blasting the heat in the car. Mmmmmmmmm… when you are cold all over it feels so good to blast the car heater. It’s like taking a hot bath without the water.
12. Nyquil. It’s a shame, but these last few days my sleep has improved.
13. Cough medicine with Codeine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon! Good idea to look on the "good side" of the flu. Happy TT!

Bottles Barbies And Boys said...

I feel for you...I had the flu all last week!

Teena in Toronto said...

Way to be optimistic!

I played too!

verabear said...

It's always good to look at the bright side :) Nice TT!