Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The operation continues

I'm at home today with a sick baby (see yesterday's post). We're still operating under a strict code brown at the Pump Room household. I chalked up his loose and frequent stools to teething. He just doesn't seem like his belly is bothering him. I called his pediatrician and they said it was probably a virus and that until he had firm poop, he should stay away from other kids. While he does have some really fussy moments, he is basically a happy pooper, so I've enjoyed spending the day with him.

The Baby, who is sure to start crying now that I am blogging, has been asleep for the past two hours. He woke up at five this morning, as he's been doing regularly for the last two or three weeks (does this stop? Please tell me this isn't his forever wake up time!).

Uh-oh, right on cue... I will try to pop back on later. Have a great day. I'm loving the warmth in the North East, even if it's raining.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Ahhh.. at this point I'd be happy witha code brown. We spent the weekend with a sick, cranky, fevered baby (Spiking at times to 104 degrees) and he got to go to the Dr. yesterday to get checked out. He had to have a chest x-ray because he was breathing so rapidly and was wheezy. He ended up with steriods and a nebulizer. Oh, and an antibiotic for the ear infection he also has. But on a positive note, he actually slept through the night for the first time in many weeks. Yay!

I hope your little man gets to feelong better soon!

Momisodes said...

Oh no! Poor thing..and poor mommy waking up so early. I'd like to say that doesn't last forever, but nothing is guaranteed. My 2 yr old wakes around 7am, but I know others who still wake at 5am :(

Hope firmer poop comes soon.