Thursday, March 20, 2008
People always want to know what's in other people's medicine cabinets. Well, it's your lucky day, here is a look into mine. Admittedly, it's not real exciting. I wish I had some eyebrow raising prescriptions or something that would make you gasp. Sorry!
I have pretty bad skin. I've had moderate adult acne for the past 10 years, so I'm very specific about my skin-care regimen. Here are some products that I always have on hand that help my skin, or otherwise make me feel oh, so pretty.
1. Rare Minerals Blemish Therapy. This is my newest purchase. It's a new acne treatment by Bare Minerals. It's a loose mineral powder that you dust on at night and in the morning. I've been using it for about two weeks and have had one pimple in that time. I usually have at least one new pimple per day. I'm stoked, but my face has a tendency to build up a tolerance to effective products and medications.
2. Clean and Clear face wash with salicylic acid. It's gentle and it's cheap. If there is a store brand available, I buy that. It works just as well.
3. Clinique Dramatically Different Gel. This is the classic yellow gel in the square bottle. Be aware, the gel is great for oily complexions, but the lotion is not. They are packaged alike. The gel feels light on my skin and it absorbs well.
4. Clinique Repair Wear Eye Cream. This stuff feels so good going on. Also, a little of it goes a long way.
5. Equate Collagen Treatment. The Wal-Mart equivalent of Loreal's Wrinkle Decrease works well. It doesn't make lines disappear, but it does soften them. Good enough for me!
6. Yonka Hydratant 60 Gel Mask. If you want to splurge on a spa-quality treatment, this is the one. It leaves your face so soft and supple.
7. Tweezers. Every now and then I have my brows done professionally. I usually save the money and do it myself. My method is simple. Take a white eyeliner and pencil in the areas you want to tweeze. This makes it easy to see the shape of your brows before you start yanking them out. Tweeze the hairs within the pencil marks, wash and you have perfectly shaped brows.
8. White eyeliner. see above. You can also dab near your tear ducts to give a youthful appearance to your eyes. I've read this, though I personally don't notice much of a difference when I do it.
9. Advil PM. That is what's in there now because I had a coupon. I'm not brand specific. These days I need help turning off the chatter in my head at night. This does the trick.
10. VO5 Heat defense. Spray on before blow drying your hair to counteract the damage from the heat of the dryer and an iron. It works as good as more expensive brands that I've tried.
11. Target Breastfeeding Cream. I never packed this away. It's great on really dry patches of skin on your feet and elbows. If you are breastfeeding it keeps your nips in great shape!
12. Mary Kay Satin Lips. You know how your lips get all chapped and you can't wear lipstick because it won't go on smoothly? Well, this totally eliminates the problem.
13. Clinique Happy. It smells happy. I love it.