Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I’m no Martha

I just got an email forward entitled “Martha Stewart's December To-Do List.” Some of the To-Dos include: Blanch carcass from Thanksgiving turkey. Spray paint gold, turn upside down and use as a sleigh to hold Christmas cards; Take dog apart. Disinfect. Reassemble; Lay Faberge egg; Float votive candles in toilet tank.


Here’s a week’s worth of my to-do list:

Dec. 14: Buy tree from Target. Screw together, plug-in. Hang the seven ornaments we have on tree.

Dec. 15: Order presents for family that we won’t see at Christmas online and have shipped to my parents in-law. Assume that they’ll wrap everything and give to the appropriate brother-in-law/sister-in-law/niece/nephew.

Dec. 16: Sign cards during AFV, no personal note this year.

Dec. 17: Watch husband wrap gifts. What’s gotten into him?

Dec. 18: Watch husband clean kitchen and do dishes. What’s gotten into him? Go to Wal-Mart to pick up The Baby’s big boy car seats and diapers, and a veggie tray, and socks…

Dec. 19: Go to The Baby’s Daycare holiday party. Watch The Baby “make” a Christmas cookie and eat about 5 tablespoons of frosting in the process. Gloat as I have the only child not afraid of the Santa.

Dec. 20: Throw away rotting Thanksgiving turkey to make room for Christmas ham. (Just kidding)


I am not really that much of a crank, but this year I am not nearly as excited as I thought I would be. Maybe it’s the stress of the holidays, but lately I feel like my days have become a series of chores that I either do poorly or don’t do at all. Sorry to be a downer. I needed to vent. Thank goodness for weekends!

*Sigh* Pump Mama tired.

No comments: