Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Shheeeeeeee’s Baaaaack!

Ugh… I got an early holiday visitor –– Aunt Flo. Can you believe it?

I haven’t had a period since June of 2006. I can't really complain (well, I can and I will, but you know what I mean). It’s been a long run. So, it’s back to Tampax and mini-pads and cramps and weeks without sex (I realize that this doesn’t hold the same weight as it did before The Baby has arrived).

There is a point to all of this. I’m not just giving you TMI for nothing. Your hormonal state before your period affects your milk supply. So no wonder my supply has been smaller than usual (and no wonder why I’ve been such a biotch). I’m happy to report that my supply is on a slight rebound since I started my cycle on Friday night (my mood, not so much :-/). I posted on a message board about this and someone was kind enough to point out that Kellymom.com has some suggestions for keeping your supply intact during the latter half of your cycle. There is a link on the right to Kellymom should you need it.

PS: I added a gift idea to yesterday’s post that I stumbled upon this morning. It's called a nursing necklace, I think that it would benefit bottle feeders too!

No comments: