Friday, January 11, 2008

Ameda Customer Service

I have a Ameda Purely Yours pump, which I’ve always loved (as much as you can love a device where you crank up the suction and attach it to your breast); however, in the last month or so it seems to be losing a little steam. About once a week I have a day where milk gets backed up into the horn and I have to break suction to release the milk to the collection bottle. On most days the pump also doesn’t seem to have as much suction. When I’m done pumping, there is still milk – so much so that I can hand express it. I don’t know why I didn’t call in November when it started. I had typical excuses… I’m losing supply, I’m probably just not as stimulated by the pump anymore, I’m almost done anyway…

I finally called on Wednesday. They asked if I tested the pump suction by taking off the tube, turning it on and putting my finger over the hole. I had and I felt suction. “Yes,” she said, “but did you hear a loud pop?” I hadn’t! So she determined the motor was defective and a new one is being Fed-exed to me. Of course, since then, I retried the test and DID hear a pop! *sigh* But sometimes the suction is better than others, sometimes the milk backs up and sometimes it doesn't, so I must have just hit it on a good day. Customer service also said the model I had was several years old! I just bought it nine months ago – thanks, Baby Depot. I should have known, when I sent in the registration I got it mailed back because the building moved.

Anyway, the customer service was helpful and more than willing to help solve the problem. I got the number off of the Web site: www.ameda.com, just click contact us in the lower corner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow, that is excellent customer service, i should try that with medela, and maybe i can get myself a new one too, lol...
we do use the pump a lot... more than what they can possibly imagine.

Anonymous said...

funny what you run across when you browse the web. :) I have this pump too. And I too received my card back in the mail when I tried to register the pump. I'm going to try the pop test when i get to work on monday. and i'll call them.

Unknown said...

If you have any questions regarding Ameda products and services, they are very amazing in there customer service. I really have good experience with them finding solutions for my queries.