Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Baby clapping

I think The Baby is confused. Cute, but confused. He’s learned to clap but doesn’t grasp the context in which clapping is appropriate.

Appropriate: He sees Pretty Mommy (his pet name for me) walk through the door and immediately smiles and claps.

Appropriate: Handsome Daddy starts clapping and singing, “1-2-3, A-B-C!” and The Baby joins in.

Inappropriate: Background - in the last two weeks The Baby has developed a distaste for getting his diaper changed. As soon as I lay him down, he begins to scream AND clap.

Inappropriate: When he’s fighting sleep (or a bottle, or a spoon), he’s been known to burst into an angry fit of applause.


I don’t want to make light of his confusion, but dang it, sometimes it’s hard not to laugh at him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yea, i do my own designs. :) thanks for the comment. if you are interested in my designs, contact me!